WHAT’S THE REAL TITLE?
Captain of the Data-ship Enterprise
WHAT’S YOUR MOTTO?
“To explore complex new worlds, to seek out new insights and new conclusions, and to boldly go where no data scientist has gone before!”
WHICH LEADER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT?
Senior Director of Analytics
WHY IS THIS ROLE CRITICAL?
Imagine Health's bread-and-butter is identifying the highest quality healthcare providers using piles of data from Medicare, our customers, AHRQ, industry partners, external resources - you name it! We need someone to help us best utilize these disparate sources in a logical, structured, coherent way; there's no role that's closer to Imagine Health's core than this one.
WHAT IS A DAY IN THE LIFE?
You will push the Enterprise as hard and as far as she can handle. You'll help guide the network contracting team's network build process one day. You'll provide concise, actionable data to help the sales team win over new civilizations (or clients, if you will). There will be the less adventurous aspects as you improve and augment the data infrastructure. But doing the necessary maintenance is key to holding the ship together.
Your creativity and technical prowess will be tested. You will interface with most, if not all, aspects of the company, but at the end of the day it's about the data and analytics. You'll be a vital piece of the Imagine team, but you're a data scientist, not a miracle worker! Or maybe you are (but we won't hold you to it).
OK, HOW ABOUT A FEW SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES?
- Develop statistical tools and models for the interpretation and visualization of healthcare data, including claims, eligibility, and others
- Provide our network contracting team a clearer perspective on the impact of rate negotiations with our facility and provider partners
- Evaluate financial risk of our facility and provider contracts using mathematical or statistical methods
- Become an expert in the way Imagine Health scores, ranks, and analyzes providers across the country
- Communicate complex mathematical information to non-technical audience, including top company management
- Contribute productively to the overall development and execution of Imagine Health's healthcare cost containment and quality strategies
WHAT TYPE OF THINGS HELP ME THRIVE IN THIS ROLE?
- A fun personality!
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent; relevant experience
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills
- R, Python, MS SQL Server, MS Excel, and MS Access ninja
- Details, details, details; a passion for accuracy and credibility of your analysis
- Strong ability to communicate complex concepts
- Able to juggle multiple priorities and deadlines; strong follow through
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team support environment
- 5+ years' experience in healthcare analytics that includes provider contract analysis
- Familiarity with healthcare claims data analysis
- Experience with statistical methods, Quest Analytics or GeoNetworks
Does this sound like you? Apply here!