Sr. Financial Analyst
WHAT’S THE FORMAL TITLE?
Sr. Financial Analyst
WHAT’S THE REAL TITLE?
Master of all things forecasting, Excel, reporting, and storytelling
WHAT’S YOUR MOTTO?
“I see life in numbers, charts and graphs and am constantly asking, what if?”
WHY IS THIS ROLE CRITICAL?
You will bring transparency and accountability to Imagine Health. This role is like a swiss-army knife for the company, you are equipped to bring and solve solutions in various ways.
WHAT IS A DAY IN THE LIFE?
You wake up after dreaming of spreadsheets ready to take on a day of asking what if ,what could be and how would we get there? You are able to analyze financial information to help us make great decisions on how to grow our business into a great American company. Some days conflicting priorities arise but you are able to handle them with style. Confidentiality and communicating with professionalism is a must. You will report directly to the chief financial officer. Your ability to work independently with little or no supervision, and attention to detail are things you can do with your eyes shut, they come with ease.
OK, HOW ABOUT SOME SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES?
- Build our short and long range budgets and forecasts using data and key drivers.
- Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, cost of sales, expenses and capital expenditures.
- Monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing cause of unexpected variance.
- Oversee and manage the continued development of Budgeting, Financial Forecasting, Operating Plan and Modeling tools.
- Analyze pricing and the variable margin analysis.
- Be able to roll with the punches in Reporting and Analysis. Constantly ask, “What If?” and be thinking of how to do things differently to produce a different outcome.
- Support Leadership team and departments with in-depth analysis and simplified reporting including but not limited to, Modeling and Planning that shows whether we are on the right track and/or what needs to change.
- Prepare presentations for management, business unit leaders, board of directors and investors.
- Support executive team in fundraising.
WHAT TYPE OF THINGS HELP ME THRIVE IN THIS ROLE?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance; MBA highly preferred
- 2+ Years in Financial Planning
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Effective Communication Skills (Written & Verbal)
- Development of pictures out of the data (charts, graphs, etc.) to tell the story behind the numbers.
- Ability to manage competing priorities
- Customer Service oriented
- Ability to generate bold, creative ideas to improve performance
- Strong research and analysis skills
- Quickly adapts and learn new tasks independently
- Excellent organization skills
- You must really love asking, “What if?”
- Ability to be one with a team environment
- Love for the startup culture
- Knowledge that we succeed and fail as a team
- Solid educational background or work experiences that allow you to hit the ground running
If this sounds like you and you have the ability to take a blank piece of paper and a business concept and turn it into a set of numbers and a story, send us a resume!